Basic introduction and advantages of glow in the dark pigmentsJanuary 18th, 2022
Glow in the dark powder is a material that automatically emits light in the dark. Luminous materials are divided into two types: self-luminous and light-storing. Humans have used luminous powder for a long time. For example, it has been used on the dial of a watch to make a luminous watch. With the application of luminous powder in various handicraft industries and toy industries, more and more customers have begun to use luminous powder to change the performance of their products, but many customers are still not clear about luminous powder itself and its advantages. I will give you a detailed introduction to the luminous powder.
1. Self-luminous glow in the dark powder
Self-luminous luminous materials can emit light continuously, not only in the night, but also in the daytime. Its basic composition is composed of radioactive materials, so it does not need to absorb a lot of energy from the outside. Because it contains radioactive substances, it is very limited when it is used. In addition, the disposal after disposal is also a problem, so this self-luminous luminous powder has been basically eliminated from the market.
2. Light-storing Glow in the dark powder
Light-storing luminous materials generally rarely contain radioactive substances, so there are no restrictions on their use. However, they can only emit light by absorbing external light energy, and they must store enough light energy to ensure continuous ‘s glow. The light-storing luminescent material can be used in the tunnel of the subway station. Like various display boards in subway stations, I initially thought that this light-storing luminescent material could not be used, because it was mainly because the underground could not store a certain amount of light energy. Tests have proved that the effect is still very good after using this kind of pollution-free light-storing luminescent material.
Pros of glow in the dark powder:
1. Short light storage time, high brightness, long afterglow time, and rich color varieties;
2. Stable physical and chemical properties, environmental adaptability and long service life;
3. It is non-toxic, harmless, non-radioactive, non-flammable, non-explosive, and does not contain other harmful heavy metal elements or chemical substances
4. Small particle size, uniform particle size distribution, easy production and processing;
5. A number of independent intellectual property protection systems have been established for products made of this material;
6. After the luminous powder is treated with a color film, it has a weak effect in a strong acid and alkali environment, and is suitable for use in water-based coatings;
7. Rare earth long afterglow luminous material long-acting luminous powder should not be rubbed with metal;
8. Excitation conditions: sunlight, general lighting, and ambient stray light can be used as excitation light sources;
9. Chemical stability: good chemical stability and good weather resistance;
10. Luminous time: one light absorption can emit light for more than 8 hours;
11. Storage method: sealed and stored in a ventilated and dry place;
12. Safety performance: non-toxic, harmless, non-radioactive, to avoid pollution to the environment
The above is the introduction of the basic content of glow in the dark powder and its advantages, I hope to help you. For more information on color-changing pigments such as luminous powder, Photochromic Pigments, Thermorchromic Pigments, etc., please feel free to contact us.