Introduction to the principle and characteristics of photochromic pigmentsJanuary 21st, 2022
Photochromic pigments are also called light sensitive pigments, uv reactive pigment powder, uv sunlight activated pigment, etc. The principle of color change is to absorb the ultraviolet light source with a specific wavelength and change the powder to a certain wavelength. The energy of the light source produces a color change to blue. When the ultraviolet light source of a specific wavelength is absent, the original white color is restored.
Photochromic pigments is a product processed by microcapsule technology. It has a powdery appearance and a particle size of 1~10μm.
Purple, red, blue, sky blue, green, orange, yellow. (colorless to colored)
Yellow/Green, Yellow/Purple, Pink/Purple, Yellow/Red, Blue/Purple, Green/Grey, Green/Red (one color changes to another)
1. Main absorption wavelength: 290nm~390nm (including ultraviolet UV-A and ultraviolet UV-B).
2. Discoloration: the product made of photochromic powder is colorless (or the product’s true color) in the environment without ultraviolet light source, and discolored in the environment with ultraviolet light source (or the mixed color of the product’s natural color and photochromic color) ).
3. Most of the product designs are based on indoor (without UV light environment) and outdoor (with UV light environment) color changes are not required.
Clothing fabric printing, ceramic mugs, printing, printing and dyeing coatings, plastic injection, plastic extrusion, plastic injection, various gifts, advertising materials, children’s toys, thermal transfer sticker products, nail art, color-changing lenses, etc.
1. The photochromic powder should be avoided for processing above 280 degrees Celsius.
2. The simultaneous use of photochromic powder and UV absorber should be avoided.
3. Photochromic powder is highly sensitive to polarity. Adding different additives or using different substrates may cause chromatic aberration.
4. Storage: The photochromic powder should be sealed and stored in a closed, dry, dark place, and avoid direct sunlight.
5. Toxicity and safety: The photochromic powder is non-irritating to the skin, safe to handle and operate, and does not contain harmful substances to the human body. It is a composite standard of safety toys and food packaging specifications.